Skip to main content

Wapad - I bid you farewell




Dearest Wapad

From the moment that I put my CV into the blue folder on your door, it has been adventure and growth and glorious experience upon glorious experience. You have given me opportunities that I could never have dreamt of in my wildest dreams and for that I will forever be thankful.

You have not only taught me that my comfort zone is actually an awful place to be but also that every person is worth having a conversation with and that the chance that they will surprise you is great.
The excitement that came along with each "The newspapers are here!" message on a Thursday (supposedly but rarely) and the chaotic meetings filled with a constant chattering and exchange of enthusiastic ideas on a Monday evening are the moments that I cherish and will miss most!

Thank you for the people that you forced me to allow into my life. They have formed me, changed me, renewed me but more than anything else accepted me (contradictory, I know but that's what makes them beautiful). The mentors, friends, leaders and followers made space for everyone and anyone brave enough to cross the Wapad threshold and that is a rare and precious commodity.

Jelet
I know that there will never again be a journalist as enthusiastic about Jeremy Loops, Francois van Coke and Short Straw as I am but grant those who pick up the pen that I now lay down the same creative freedom to explore their hearts' desires and find themselves within the white spaces between each word and letter.

I am grateful for friendships formed on your broken chairs and painfully slow computers. Jelet (Jené and Alet) will forever live on, thank you for being the starting line of our companionship. Alet, I am extremely proud of you and it has been an honor to be able to form half of the best combination Wapad has ever seen (claim it!). I am excited to see you grow together and within this newspaper, you have been chosen to take it to new heights. Thank you will never be enough but today that is all I have. So - thank you.

Wapad, I bid you are farewell. May you be blessed with a plethora of riveting stories of an excellent standard, an abundance of eager worker-bees and an excess of advertisements. I thank you for a wonderful season, I will carry it in my heart with great fondness.

Yours sincerely,
-J

Comments

  1. KSAC is one of the most trusted multi-specialty Ayurvedic hospitals in India. For over two decades, we provides 100% Evidence based Treatments for diseases, Naturally.
    Best Ayurveda Clinic in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Providing Mulesoft Training Courses In Hyderabad Ameerpet.Mulesoft
    Training In Hyderabad. Mule ESB Training In Ameerpet Hyderabad.100% Job Oriented
    Certifications Assistance.Placement Guaranteed Mulesoft Training Courses in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete

  3. We are providing best software institute in Hyderabad and best online training
    in Hyderabad and all IT courses in Hyderabad.Expert trainers in JSV IT SOLUTIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing great job man… Keep it up
    Contact us:
    Locksmith Melbourne,
    Melbourne, VIC-3000,
    Australia.
    Phone: 03 9464 1230
    eMail: info@locksmithmelbourne.net
    Web: https://locksmithmelbourne.net/
    Commercial Locksmith Melbourne
    https://locksmithmelbourne.net/commercial-locksmith/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow….. this blog is very nice
    Contact us:
    Locksmith Melbourne,
    Melbourne, VIC-3000,
    Australia.
    Phone: 03 9464 1230
    eMail: info@locksmithmelbourne.net
    Web: https://locksmithmelbourne.net/
    Cheap Locksmith Melbourne
    https://locksmithmelbourne.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome…. Your article gives very clear data
    Contact us:
    Locksmith Melbourne,
    Melbourne, VIC-3000,
    Australia.
    Phone: 03 9464 1230
    eMail: info@locksmithmelbourne.net
    Web: https://locksmithmelbourne.net/
    Residential Locksmith Melbourne
    https://locksmithmelbourne.net/residential-locksmith/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advert adventures: Khaki English

Post advert, proud of the end product feat. Pappa's beloved Landy  Being a communication student, I am always ready to jump in to help with any assignment or project that requires creativity or language skills. Over the weekend, whilst visiting with family here in Potchefstroom, my cousin, Christine, took advantage of the opportunity to pick my brain concerning her English assignment - making an advertisement. A few ideas came to mind and after a few minutes, we had a basic blueprint laid out. After procrastinating the whole of Saturday, when Sunday afternoon was upon us we realized that it was now or never. We made quick work of arranging a set from a white table cloth and costumes out of Oom Christiaan's old khaki shirts and caps. Wikus, Christine's brother was roped in as cameraman and sound effect- maker, Jandri, the little sister, was in charge of lighting and Christine and I the actresses. After a few humorous attempts in the house and a rehearsal of lines, we

Paw prints upon my heart

Fudge guarding the pool. Growing up, I was always blessed with the privilege of having dogs running around the yard. From a young age, we were taught to care for the dogs and yet to discipline them too (just like kids). These four-legged furry friends have made a tremendous impact on my life (they frequently decorate my social media), so as a tribute to all the dogs who left their paw prints on my heart I have compiled a list of the dogs that stole a piece of my heart and will always be a part of our family. 1. Nugget - The big friendly giant  There is a reason why Great Danes have the word "great" in their title. Nugget was named after the black shoe polish because he was pitch black with a white stretch on his chest. He was giant in heart and stature, instilling fear in every soul that crossed our threshold, only up to the point that they realized he would lick you to death before doing any damage. He sounded like a horse when he galloped around the yard and a