Skip to main content

Godly women: This is how they impact my life

Carla: sister/shmodel 

God, who knows the heart. 
Acts 15:8 

As humans,  we were made to not only coexist on this Earth but to do life with each other, support, help and be supported and helped. This is even more true for us women. Who better to understand you than one that sees you out of an empathetic point of view? Because they get it - they have been there too. Nobody gets a woman better than a woman. But how much stronger wouldn't the comprehension and even the support be if we put God right in the middle of it? He gets us better than anyone else, He made us after all.

Recently, I have truly discovered the value and power of having Godly women who journey with me through life. It hasn't even been in the grand or horrid times that I have really recognized their influence (although it has been present in these times too), but rather in the really mellow and completely normal moments of life when you have the need to just tell a silly something or even laugh over a stupid something.

The fact that Abba is right in the middle of everything we say or do, makes even the simple moments the grandest of them all. Simply because He is there, it makes our friendships a safe space. I know I can ask for advice and laugh and cry because they are looking at me out of love's point of view, and that love is a heavenly one which allows me to be exactly who I am meant to be.

At times this love checks me. "That's not the nicest word to use" or "Don't act out of fear, trust Him. He's got you." And it's these acts of true friendship which push me out of my comfort zones that enables me to grow and be a little closer to the version of myself that God intended in the first place.
It's not done out of a place of judgment, because I know that their hearts are with God and His is with mine.  They make allowance for my faults and allow me the space to feel what I need to feel, whilst pushing me closer to Christ in prayer and word all the way.

Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 
Col 3:13

And most important of all, I can stretch out and place my hand in their's and we can pray. We can go to the Father's feet together and put our dreams, fears and hurt in His hands. I have been carried to the throne in prayers when I was too weak to lay myself down there too many times to count, and it's those prayers that not only got me through it all but showed me exactly who is willing to fight for me in the spirit when I can't fight for myself. I truly believe that the Lord uses those around you to comfort and carry you through those times when you need it most.

In this all, I want to say that I have the honour of being surrounded by a group of God-fearing women who I am blessed enough to call friends. It didn't come without trial or prayer but plenty of both, but I can see why I had to wait. God has given me the people that I needed most when I needed them the most and there are way too many to name them all (that is how blessed I am).

Every woman deserves to be surrounded by those who love her out of a holy place. Pray for them and do not settle for anything less! But remember that what you sow you will reap, so sow in friendliness and you will reap friends.


Special shout out to all the special ladies that Abba Father has placed in my life! Alet, Stefanie, Danya, Carla, Elbie, Carlie, Carina, Pam, Ingrid-Louise, Mamma as well, the list goes on! Thank you x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advert adventures: Khaki English

Post advert, proud of the end product feat. Pappa's beloved Landy  Being a communication student, I am always ready to jump in to help with any assignment or project that requires creativity or language skills. Over the weekend, whilst visiting with family here in Potchefstroom, my cousin, Christine, took advantage of the opportunity to pick my brain concerning her English assignment - making an advertisement. A few ideas came to mind and after a few minutes, we had a basic blueprint laid out. After procrastinating the whole of Saturday, when Sunday afternoon was upon us we realized that it was now or never. We made quick work of arranging a set from a white table cloth and costumes out of Oom Christiaan's old khaki shirts and caps. Wikus, Christine's brother was roped in as cameraman and sound effect- maker, Jandri, the little sister, was in charge of lighting and Christine and I the actresses. After a few humorous attempts in the house and a rehearsal of lines, we

Wapad - I bid you farewell

Dearest Wapad From the moment that I put my CV into the blue folder on your door, it has been adventure and growth and glorious experience upon glorious experience. You have given me opportunities that I could never have dreamt of in my wildest dreams and for that I will forever be thankful. You have not only taught me that my comfort zone is actually an awful place to be but also that every person is worth having a conversation with and that the chance that they will surprise you is great. The excitement that came along with each "The newspapers are here!" message on a Thursday (supposedly but rarely) and the chaotic meetings filled with a constant chattering and exchange of enthusiastic ideas on a Monday evening are the moments that I cherish and will miss most! Thank you for the people that you forced me to allow into my life. They have formed me, changed me, renewed me but more than anything else accepted me (contradictory, I know but that's what makes t

Plattelandse vrede

A week in the Free State  Having planned this visit for the whole quarter, by the time Elbie and I hit the road for Vrede (her hometown) we were both excited and filled with anticipation for the following week that I would be visiting her. And by no means what so ever was I disappointed. I could write a book about my week in the Free State but for the sake of time and convenience, I'll share a few of the week's highlights. 1. SNOW!... in November So coming in right at the top of my list is seeing the snow. Not only were we able to see the snow but it was actually snowing! My hosts set the bar for the rest of the week pretty high when we ventured towards Clarens and Bethlehem on the second day of my visit to go find the snow (just take notice that it is November).   After driving the whole afternoon and seeing nothing but the cold yet beautiful towns that we drove through, we finally found the snow at the top of one of the mountains in the Golden Gate nature reser